Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

smart.

One day I will run a trashy tabloid. Until then, this will have to suffice.

Friday, May 19, 2006

Keira won't be in My Fair Lady

Keira Knightley has been ruled out of a film or theatre part in cockney classic My Fair Lady, after acclaimed director Trevor Nunn insisted he was perfectly happy with his present leading ladies. Knightley was reportedly "desperate" to play London flower girl-tuned-socialite Eliza Doolittle, a part made famous by Audrey Hepburn in the 1964 screen adaptation. However, theatre mogul Nunn has no part for her in the play, despite praising her acting credentials. He says: "Keira is a wonderful, talented actress and I loved her in Pride and Prejudice, but no, I'm not seeking her for My Fair Lady. "There are two wonderful people (Amy Nuttall and Lisa O'Hare) playing Eliza on the current tour of the play and I'm very happy with them. "I would not rule out working with Keira in the future - in fact, I'd be very keen to, if the right project came along." [IE]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home