Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

smart.

One day I will run a trashy tabloid. Until then, this will have to suffice.

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Most people don't guess Alexis Bledel is Hispanic

GILMORE GIRLS actress ALEXIS BLEDEL constantly surprises people with her bi-lingual upbringing but insists the skill often comes in handy. With a Mexican mother and Argentinean dad, the SIN CITY star grew up speaking fluent Spanish, but her light complexion and Hollywood success has made it easy for others to forget. She explains, "Spanish is my first language and I learned English in school. "Most people don't realise that I speak Spanish because I look very...white. It's like a secret. "When I was a kid I went to get a hair cut and the ladies were speaking behind me in Spanish. "The lady cutting my hair said, 'Oh, I just took a big chunk out of her hair and the other lady said, 'Just tuck it in there, she'll never notice. I was seven-years-old and my eyes were bugging out of my head. So she didn't get a tip." [PRI]

4 Comments:

  • At 4/30/2006 06:12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    pretty cool!

     
  • At 4/30/2006 06:29:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hahaha that was funny.

     
  • At 4/30/2006 07:59:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I knew she was hispanic.

     
  • At 4/30/2006 12:52:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Trust me i know of what she speaks. I'm at the other end of the story. I'm Cuban and black yet because of my skin it's auto-assumed "even after seeing my obvious spanish first middle and last name" that I'm anything other than black. The world, and espcially the USA has this notion that one must look like Jennifer Lopez, Eva langoria etc before you can be considered hispanic. It's said how much emphasis is placed skin one's in.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home