Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

smart.

One day I will run a trashy tabloid. Until then, this will have to suffice.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Halle's boyfriend looks like a statue

Halle Berry used to pray she would be "cured" of being black. The stunning actress dreamed of finding a pill to turn her skin white when she was a child, according to The Sun newspaper. The 39-year-old - who was the first black woman to win an Oscar, for her performance in Monster's Ball - is quoted as saying: "Being a black woman I've struggled with that my whole life - feeling that if I changed, my life would be better." Meanwhile, the X-Men star has also confessed she is insecure about her stunning looks - despite being one of the most beautiful women in the world. The actress claims the fact she is frequently included on lists of the sexiest actresses doesn't changed her mind about her appearance. She said: "Although such things do wonders for my confidence, I'm never able to take them seriously. If they really knew me, they'd realize that I'm far from secure about my looks." [Starpulse]

6 Comments:

  • At 4/24/2006 12:03:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah, being black in the entertainment industry really sucks. They're always shut out from movie roles and record deals.

    Trust me, honey, your life wouldn't be better if you were white--you'd still be completely self-obsessed.

    GET OVER YOURSELF!

     
  • At 4/24/2006 02:32:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Damn, Halle!

    You didn't say that when Oprah was looking for a black actress for her black films. Halle is just in her white element now! See what happens to sisters get a white man!

    Signed,
    Man get on my nerves sometimes also.

     
  • At 4/24/2006 07:08:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    One thing to remember is that Halle's mom is white. It's not unusual for a black child growing up in the United States to witness the constant oppression of being black and innocently wanting to change. I'll be honest...as a child, I sometimes wished that I were white. It's not uncommon. Look at most of the other races in America. Doing everything they can to look white and fit in. As children, we really don't know any better. The question is...How do you feel about being black now Ms. Berry?

     
  • At 4/25/2006 03:41:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    what part of "when i was a child dont you understand" the comment is pastense. When i was a child i wanted to be janet jackson. Leave it alone folks

     
  • At 4/27/2006 02:30:00 AM, Blogger moviechicka said…

    So not true...I'm blace and have a white man and I've never wished to be anything other than what I am. Halle is just a confused heffa.

     
  • At 11/11/2006 10:37:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kids fantasize about a lot of things in a vacuum--I fantasized about being James Bond (impossible), MJ (impossible) and dating Lisa from saved by the bell(eh...impossible). I'm pretty sure a lot of white kids fantasize about being somebody black. I doubt any of this is ever really about race as much as that you picture the subject of your fantasy as having a desirable experience. Perhaps, for mixed kids the fantasies are etched in their consciousness because or the ever-present juxtaposition of race in their lives.

    I have no issues with Halle's new boyfriend per se, but it's troubling that it appears to be symbolic of how she now regards black guys, i.e. she thinks all black guys are bad. Of course the problem has not been one of race but of her CHOICE of men!! So if she is attracted to similar qualities in this guy she is bound to be disappointed--again.

    Certainly, me and the guys in my circle--all professionals--would not get an audition but while we are not superstar athletes like Justice or Fox we also aren't drug/woman abusing, groupie-attracting men. But maybe that's our problem we are actually real people. Her peers from other races date bankers and the like so maybe she should try it too.

    All this being said, what exactly is the point of the original post?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home