Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

smart.

One day I will run a trashy tabloid. Until then, this will have to suffice.

Monday, May 15, 2006

L.Lo in Prairie Home Companion

In July, Lindsay Lohan will officially leave her teenage years behind when she turns 20, moving past her usual teen queen films like "Just My Luck" and into the world of independent projects beginning with Picturehouse's "A Prairie Home Companion." The Robert Altman ensemble film based on the radio show by Garrison Keillor, features Lohan as Lola, the daughter of old-fashioned variety show singer Yolanda Johnson (Meryl Streep). The film's all-star cast also includes Lily Tomlin, Virginia Madsen, Kevin Kline, John C. Reilly, Woody Harrelson and Maya Rudolph. "I would look at the call sheet and I would just see these actors that I didn't believe were coming onto the set every day," says Lohan, who sings "Frankie and Johnny" in the film. "I was definitely nervous. Everybody was that day on set. And I only rehearsed that song I think three times, and they kept changing it." The starlet isn't fazed by collaborating with Oscar winners like Streep, who even asked her advice for an upcoming project. "She was getting ready to do `Devil Wears Prada' after that so she was like, `I don't know anything about fashion,'" says Lohan, who counts Chanel and Yves St. Laurent among her favorite designers. Meeting legends is getting to be old hat for her, especially after sitting down with Yoko Ono. Lohan consulted with Ono for another upcoming film, "Chapter 27," in which Jared Leto plays Mark David Chapman, John Lennon's assassin. "I walked in, and we were wearing almost the same thing - all black because I was like, `I need to wear something that Yoko would sanction,'" gushes Lohan. "We went and had sushi and she was so sweet. (The film) has a very touchy subject. I was actually really nervous going into it because I did get death threats and everything. But I love my character. She's just such a genuine fan of John Lennon and Yoko Ono in the film and she's the light in the movie." [ctNow]

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home