Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

smart.

One day I will run a trashy tabloid. Until then, this will have to suffice.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Deer scarred Pam A. for life

Pamela Anderson's passionate devotion to animal rights can be traced back to a childhood incident that left her traumatized. The star, who is affected by terrifying nightmares about animal cruelty, grew up in Canada where hunting is a way of life. The People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) activist says, "My passion is driven by recurring nightmares. Terrible visions of man's brutality - horrifying pictures of needless and senseless cruelty." She recalls the childhood incident which sparked her mission to save animals from human abuse: "I just happened to walk into the shed behind our house on Vancouver Island a few moments after my dad had returned from a hunting trip. I opened the door and looked up. And there, hanging upside down, was the cutest deer. Or it had been the cutest deer. Its fur and its body were really drenched in blood." She added, "I can remember shrieking and running as fast as I could. I don't blame Dad and never will. Hunting is what men, Canadian men in particular, do. But the sight of that deer is a nightmare that has never left me." [Starpulse]

3 Comments:

  • At 5/10/2006 06:08:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hellloooooooo - saying hunting is a way of life in Canada is like saying stupidity is the "norm" in the United States. Ya wanna talk hunting, then just refer to those who live in hunting country. I live in Toronto, and it's pretty comparable to Chicago. Big urban centre with almost 4 million people. I don't remember ever seeing moose being stalked in the middle of Michigan Avenue on my trips to Chicago.

     
  • At 5/10/2006 06:32:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hunting is what men, Canadian men in particular, do.

    I'm Canadian, I've lived all over Canada, I've got lots of friends, lots of business aquaintances, and I don't know a single hunter.

    Yay Pam, let's make Canadian men sound like backwood hillbillies!

     
  • At 5/11/2006 05:25:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Seriously though...hunting is a way of life in my country? Wow, news to me! It's comments like this that make Americans believe we live in igloos and kill our dinner.

    And as for Pam? I don't know what Canadian men she has been hanging around - but last time I heard Canada had problems w/ AMERICANS coming into OUR country to kill our animals. Maybe she should read up.

    Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go back to skinning a squirrel for my daughter's lunch.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home