Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

smart.

One day I will run a trashy tabloid. Until then, this will have to suffice.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Reese in Germany, surprised by Oscar nom

BERLIN (AP) - Reese Witherspoon said Tuesday she was surprised and excited by her nomination for a best actress Oscar. "I was completely surprised," she told reporters in Berlin, where she was promoting the Johnny Cash biography "Walk the Line." "I was sleeping _ they had to wake me up," she said. "I was very jet-lagged." Joaquin Phoenix also won a best actor nomination for the film. Witherspoon, who said the movie was "a really good journey for me as an actor," will be competing for an award with Judi Dench, Felicity Huffman, Keira Knightley and Charlize Theron. "I am very excited," Witherspoon said. "It feels very good."

2 Comments:

  • At 1/31/2006 05:21:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am very happy for her, but I doubt she was surprised--I don't think anyone was surprised.

     
  • At 2/01/2006 01:40:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yeah how could she be surprised? she's a definite shoo-in

     

Post a Comment

<< Home