Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

smart.

One day I will run a trashy tabloid. Until then, this will have to suffice.

Friday, June 09, 2006

Christina Aguilera talks up new album

Christina Aguilera is gearing up the release of her first album in four years and it promises to be a big one! Aguilera got so into the recording process that she decided to release a double album despite the fact it may be too expensive for some of her fans to afford. Speaking to MTV, she described her new baby: "The first half is based upon working with more beat-driven producers and will use samples and things like that, and then the second disc is all me and Linda Perry," "The first half of the album is kind of a throwback with elements of jazz, blues and soul music combined with a modern-day twist, like hard-hitting beats," And the second disc?: "There are no cover songs, so we made more of a '20s, '30s vibe with an authentic and organic twist. There are no samples — it's all live music. One of the songs sounds like you entered a 1920s burlesque club, another song sounds like it was actually recorded in the 1920s, using a vintage microphone, so it's exciting stuff." "I definitely take my time, so I do come with a lot more to say about what's going on in my life so it's meaningful to me and to my fans. I always try to come back with something new and try to evolve as an artist and as a visionary. I can't wait to see the reaction." He will have a bit of a wait, ‘Back To Basics’ won’t be hitting shops until August 15. [Entertainmentwise] Thanks to liveDaily for pics!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home