Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

smart.

One day I will run a trashy tabloid. Until then, this will have to suffice.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Teri's book has pictures

Despite her successful acting career and the current fame she is enjoying with her starring role on "Desperate Housewives," Teri Hatcher says she can still feel "very fragile and very insecure." In fact, the title of her new book, "Burnt Toast: And Other Philosophies of Life," is a metaphor for women who too often take the leftovers for themselves. "With women, we can all relate to our lunch ends up being whatever's left on the kids' plates," Hatcher said. "Oh, I'll just eat that. I'll eat that. I'll eat that. And the idea of burnt toast is sort of like in the morning if you make all the toast and it just seems like typically women will [say], 'Oh no. You take the good piece and I'll just take what's left. I'll take that piece.'" The illustrations in the book also use the oven as a metaphor for Hatcher's dating life. "Once burnt, twice shy, and all the men are in the oven," she said of the drawings. "And I'm basting them." [GMA]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home