Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

smart.

One day I will run a trashy tabloid. Until then, this will have to suffice.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Kanye's always up to something

First it was Richard Ashcroft claiming he felt like Jesus, now Kanye West has taken it to the next level by posing as the religious icon for the cover of Rolling Stone and likened his rise to the top to Jesus’ plight. It would seem that West accusing George W Bush of not caring about African Americans during a Hurricane Katrina telethon last year is an act of martyrdom. West told Rolling Stone that he must suffer for his success…just as Christ did. “If I was more complacent and I let things slide, my life would be easier, but you all wouldn't be as entertained,” he said. “My misery is your pleasure.” Unfortunately for Kanye saints aren’t beatified until after their death, so he might have to wait a while for glorious recognition. The cover of the Rolling Stone in which the article features in sees West bloodied and crowned with thorns, and has sparked anger in America’s Catholic league. Spokeswoman Kiera McCaffrey states "It's moronic. I mean, Kanye West as Jesus? He's a pop star.” It was also revealed on a VH1 program recently that West had the roof of his house painted to resemble the Sistine Chapel…with a portrait of himself naked as the centrepiece. [Undercover]

1 Comments:

  • At 1/26/2006 07:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    For some reason that I can't completely explain...I like it. I think he looks great, actually. It's a beautiful photograph. I think it obviously relates to his song, "jesus Walks", but hints at a man who says what he needs to say despite the possibility of persecution for his beliefs. Yeah... I like it.
    Oh! I guess I explained it, didn't I? LOL! :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home